Can You Really Use CBD to Boost Your Energy?
I don’t know about you, but I love a good cup of coffee to put a pep in my step to feel more energized.
Are you wondering if CBD can provide similar effects? Several factors play into CBD for energy and productivity including specific products, how you use it, and other lifestyle habits.
If you’re looking to increase energy levels and want to know if CBD can do the trick, it’s important to understand how CBD works in the body and brain. It’s also helpful to know about different types of Cannabidiol products and the best ways to use them.
Continue reading to learn the full scoop on CBD for energy and if it’s really a thing.
Common Reasons Why People Feel Tired or Have Low Energy
Do you find yourself often feeling tired or experiencing low energy levels? It happens to the best of us. Here are some possible reasons why that might be.
- You skip meals. This can cause your blood sugar to drop which can affect energy levels.
- You aren’t getting a good night’s sleep. High sleep quality and quantity is crucial.
- On the other hand, you could be sleeping too much. Excess sleep can interrupt your circadian rhythm making you feel sluggish.
- You're taking medication which causes drowsiness.
- You aren’t exercising enough. Inactivity can lead to feeling more tired than usual.
- You’re dehydrated. Our bodies are made up of up to 60% water and can’t function properly if we’re lacking it.
- You have a vitamin deficiency. Eating dairy, vegetables, fish, and whole grains can give your body nutrients that lead to more energy.
- You could also lack Vitamin D. Exposure to sunlight throughout the day can work wonders.
- You’re surrounded by clutter. This can deplete your mental energy and cause exhaustion.
- You have a medical condition such as anxiety, depression, or diabetes. Several conditions can lead to fatigue. If you’re concerned a medical issue could be the cause, contact a healthcare provider.
Can CBD Boost Your Energy?
Our energy levels can be affected by a variety of factors as mentioned above. CBD can work to provide relief in regards to some of these issues which can, in turn, boost your energy.
According to research, CBD can be a wake-promoting agent and it can help people sleep better. Given that a lack of quality sleep naturally leads to low energy levels, using CBD products can lead to increased energy. CBD can also promote alertness by activating neurons in the hypothalamus. When these neurons are activated, dopamine levels are enhanced.
Furthermore, other evidence also shows that CBD can provide a calming effect on the central nervous system. If you’re someone who suffers from anxiety, you know that anxiousness can interrupt sleep and leave you feeling groggy the next day. Since Cannabidiol can relieve anxiety, our bodies have a better chance of getting high-quality rest so that we feel more energized.
How CBD Works in The Body
Our bodies have a complex biological system called the human endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS has tiny receptors that help regulate processes in our body such as pain and the immune system. These receptors are known as CB1 and CB2 receptors. The body process receptors are mostly CB2.
When we use CBD, it activates the receptors to balance these processes. When CBD influences these receptors, it's essentially sending messages to a cell that’s in charge of one of our processes. As a result, our body is able to feel more aligned.
How CBD Affects Your Brain
In the same way that CBD activates CB1 and CB2 receptors in our body, it can do the same in our brain. CB2 receptors are mostly involved in the processes of the brain. When receptors in the brain are activated, disorders such as depression and anxiety can be relieved. In fact, this study showed that CBD affects blood flow in areas of the brain that are typically related to anxiety.
Using CBD can also promote healthy brain cells that can otherwise be affected by things like brain injuries, lifestyle choices, and aging.
Most Effective Ways to Take CBD for Improved Energy and Focus
If you’re looking to take CBD for energy, it’s important to do it with intention so that you can see the benefits you’re hoping for.
Tips for Taking CBD to Boost Energy
Here are some tips to help you along the way if you want to take CBD for energy.
- Avoid CBD products with THC as this compound can lead to drowsiness.
- Take it before bedtime to help you have a great night’s rest.
- Use it to alleviate stress or anxiety to avoid a crash in energy.
- Take it alongside other healthy habits such as eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly.
- Check the label of CBD products to see if there are unnecessary additives that could potentially cause you to feel sluggish.
- Purchase products from a company that shares CBD lab results such as the amount of CBD and THC in the product.
- Take the correct dosage of CBD. This review shows that lower doses of CBD can have an energizing effect while higher doses can have a sedative effect.
Best Products for CBD for Energy and Focus
As CBD products are becoming more popular, there are a variety of ways to take it. From inhalers to edibles, we’re going to share which CBD for energy are the best.
Nasal inhalers provide a convenient way to carry CBD and are great for those who want to use their CBD from anywhere. If you travel a lot or are always on the go, CBD nasal inhalers are perfect for you. CBD nasal inhalers also provide quick effects. Instead of downing an afternoon coffee that can interrupt your sleep, sniff a nasal inhaler to feel ready to finish off the day.
To experience the effects of a CBD nasal inhaler, all you do is breathe it in through your nose. Inhalers use propellants that help you breathe in a specified dose of CBD and other botanical compounds.
BoomBoom CBD Inhalers also contain essential oils that can relieve stress and increase focus.
CBD oil is derived from the hemp plant and is an extract of Cannabis indica or Cannabis sativa. CBD oil is meant to be absorbed quicker than other products and is good for those who don’t prefer capsules, inhalers, or edibles.
Oil tinctures with droppers are a popular way to consume CBD oil. You typically add it to a beverage or under the tongue (sublingually). Keep in mind that there is a distinct taste to CBD oil that many people don’t mind terribly, especially given the benefits.
There are different types of CBD oil:
- Full-spectrum: consists of all Cannabis plant compounds including THC (to be legal, it must contain .3% THC or less)
- Broad-spectrum: consists of most Cannabis plant compounds but 0% THC
- Isolate: consists only of Cannabidiol; 99% CBD and no THC
If you use CBD oil that contains THC, it can cause you to be sleepy. Using a THC-free oil like the BoomBoom CBD Tincture can be a useful CBD for energy as it’s also used to naturally relieve stress. As mentioned earlier, less stress can lead to more energy.
As you may have guessed, CBD edibles are a form of cannabis that you can ingest. They’re ideal for those who want a quick and convenient way to consume CBD. Depending on any flavors added, you may or may not taste the CBD.
Like the oils, CBD edibles can also come in full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate. Again, using a broad-spectrum or isolate edible without THC will help ensure you maintain reasonable levels of energy.
- CBD candies
- CBD gummies
- CBD baked goods
- CBD chocolates
CBD capsules can also be considered edible. These are gel capsules that are ingested, then dissolve in the stomach. Capsules are great for those who don’t want any taste of CBD. Keep in mind that different factors determine how fast it works – things like weight, diet, metabolism, and tolerance.
CBD topicals are products that can be applied directly to the skin. Oftentimes, topicals are applied to relieve pain caused by everyday stress. We know that stress on the body can be physically tiring. Many people use topicals to feel better and in turn feel a boost of energy.
CBD topicals are often made with oils, water, and/or beeswax. They work by interacting with skin receptors to provide relief. They usually start working right away.
- CBD lotion
- CBD soap
- CBD balm
- CBD roll-on
- CBD body oil
- CBD serum
Things to Keep in Mind
We hope now that you have further insight into CBD products and how they work in the body and brain, you feel better about deciding if CBD for energy is right for you.
The first step is to determine why you’re feeling sluggish. Then, using Cannabidiol can be an effective way to help your body feel more aligned. Using a CBD product with high-quality ingredients along with other healthy lifestyle habits can have excellent affects on our overall wellness including our energy levels.
Did you know that CBD might also be a natural healer for those nagging hangovers? Read about it here.